• "The Seeds of Kinship Theory in the Abrahamic Religions" to be published in Human Nature and Social Life: Perspectives on Extended Socialities, Palgrave Macmillan’s Anthropology of Religion series, late 2016.
• "God the Concept" was published by the Center for Inquiry in their journal Free Inquiry, June-July 2016 Vol. 36, #4. • "Theories of Conception/Paternity" in The Encyclopedia of Human Sexuality, edited by Patricia Whelehan and Anne Bolin. Forthcoming by Wiley-Blackwell, Fall 2014
• "The hajj: it's meaning for Turkish Muslims" in Islam in Practice, ed. Gabriele Marranci. Routledge, December 2013
• "Columbus and the Quest for Jerusalem" an article based on my talk at the Washington, DC Map Society on October 11, 2012 was published in The Portolan: Journal of the Washington Map Society, Issue 87, Fall 2013
• October 14, 2013 - Letter #37 published in the NYT about "Headscarves in Turkey"
• Nov. 30, 2017 - Lecture at Roger Williams University
• October 14, 2013 (Columbus Day) - The 2nd annual Jack McGrory lecture at San Diego State University: on "Columbus and the Quest for Jerusalem"
• May 22, 2013 - Lecture: "Tohum ve Toprak" (The Seed and the Soil) at Karamanoglu Mehmetbey University, Karaman, Turkey
• June 4, 2013 - Talk: "At the boundaries of the Body, the House, the Village and the Nation." Conference: Borders and Boundaries, sponsored by the British Institute of Archaeology in Ankara
• October 7, 2012 - John Paul II Shrine, Washington, DC
• October 11, 2012 - Washington Map Society, Washington, DC
• November 7, 2012 - Trinity College, Hartford, CT
• November 8, 2012 - Simsbury Library, Simsbury, CT
• May 16, 2012 - Hacettepe University, Ankara, Turkey
• April 19, 2012 - Yeditepe University, Istanbul, Turkey
• January 18, 2012 - Center for Medieval and Renaissance Studies, UCLA
• January 20, 2012 - Books, Inc., San Francisco
• Sept. 23, 2011 - Society for the History of Discoveries, Portland, ME
• October 15, 2011 - New York Map Society, at the New York Public Library
• October 18, 2011 - John Carter Brown Library, Brown University
• November 12, 2011 - Books on the Square, Providence, RI
• Interview with NPR about Reexamining Christopher Columbus’ Legacy, rebroadcast on October 12, 2015,
originally aired October 10, 2011.
• Interview with Columbia magazine about Columbus and the Quest for Jerusalem for their June 2014 issue.
She has also done radio interviews in Ireland, New York, Pittsburgh, Boston and Tennessee. In the fall of 2017, Carol did several radio interviews about Columbus due to the the calls for replacing Columbus Day with Indigenous People's Day.
Listen to Carol's interview with Religion For Life on her book Columbus and the Quest for Jerusalem
Listen to Carol's interview with Religion For Life on her book Abraham On Trial: The Social Legacy of Biblical Myth